Experience the breathtaking beauty of Durban's waters with Isle of Capri Cruises! Our Whale and Dolphin Watching Durban cruises invite you to explore the ocean's majestic creatures, take in the stunning views, and enjoy a memorable day filled with fun and adventure. Join us for an unforgettable journey of discovery!
Isle of Capri Cruises
Oh, how marvelous it would be to embark on a whale watching boat excursion in the enchanting waters of the Indian Ocean! Here are some essential aspects to consider for this incredible journey:
- Duration: Prepare for a delightful 2-hour whale watching cruise, allowing ample time to soak in the beauty of the ocean and its inhabitants.
- Wildlife Spectacle: Anticipate encountering an array of awe-inspiring marine mammals, including minke whales, dolphins, porpoises, and even fascinating bird species.
- Success Rate: The prospects of witnessing these majestic creatures are quite promising, with a success rate of over 50% during summer tours and an impressive 80% in the winter months.
- Age Restrictions: While children under eight years old can participate in the adventure, parents are kindly asked to take responsibility for their little ones. Though the trip is generally safe for all ages, it's recommended to reconsider bringing toddlers along, as the vast ocean environment might be a bit overwhelming for them.
- Dolphin Watching Delight: Alongside the thrilling whale sightings, the boat also offers enchanting dolphin watching tours, a year-round favorite for visitors.
- Age Limit for Dolphin Watching: For the dolphin watching trips, children under twelve years old are welcome to join, and parents remain responsible for their children's well-being. The experience is considered safe for all ages, and toddlers are even encouraged to partake, as it can be a truly captivating adventure for them.
- Cruises and Rates: You have a selection of cruise options, including both sea cruises and harbor cruises, each with its own duration and corresponding price range.
- Booking: Public cruises operate on a first-come-first-serve basis, so be sure to secure your spot in advance. For group rates, there may be a minimum number of participants required, and private charters are available, accommodating up to 47 people.
- Specials to Elevate Your Experience: Look out for special cruise options like the "BAFANA" 2-hour sea cruise, with varying prices based on the season and group size.
- Whale Watching Permit: Rest assured that the company holds a whale watching permit, ensuring a responsible and regulated experience that prioritizes the welfare of these magnificent marine creatures.
Keep in mind that prices, cruise schedules, and other details are subject to change without prior notice. For the most up-to-date information, always get in touch with the organizers to confirm the cruise and check for any updates, especially concerning weather conditions or technical matters that might lead to changes in the cruise plan.
It's essential to adhere to safety guidelines and revel in this extraordinary opportunity to witness these marvelous marine creatures in their natural habitat. Wishing you a fantastic and unforgettable whale watching adventure!
Our knowledgeable staff is well versed on local sea and marine life, and is on hand to discuss and answer, questions in this regard. Owner operator and skipper in charge Bennie, has an unrelenting passion for marine ecology and welcomes the opportunity to inform and educate.
The Party boat a CATAMARAN YACHT just for your comfort!! Party Boat, Birthdays.
47 Passengers, inside and under cover spaces.(children, babies and catering staff included)
a Big Lounge to relax
Bring your own drinks (no cork fee)
Boat hire in Durban. Hire the boat for Parties and Wedding functions.
The Harbour cruise. We also do sea cruises with African Princess. The harbour tour is very informative.
Change in timeslots for weekdays
Educational and interesting. Outdoor education. Up to 11 passengers.
Skilled qualified crew.
Cruise boat, Boat cruise
No doubt, the best way to view whales and dolphins up close is from a boat. However, by law, you are not allowed to approach 300m from a whale, unless you are aboard a boat permitted by the Department of Marine and Coastal Management.
Permit holders are all members of the South African Boat- Based Whale Watching Association (SABBWWA) and as such are required to adhere to a strict code of conduct and have undergone training. Isle of Capri Cruises are doing boat- based whale watching with a permit in Durban.
Humpback whales migrate from Antarctica between May and November, traveling up to 5,000 km along the east coast of South Africa to breed and give birth in the warmer waters of Mozambique and Madagascar. Their migration is one of the longest of any mammal on earth.
only available from January to May
Created with Mobirise web creator